Tuesday 4 March 2008

Custard and Alfie news


Custard is on his way to the USA. I worry so much about them travelling all that way! The relief when I know they've got there! Daft isn't it?


I'm still working on a bear that I've made from crushed vintage velvet in green. My Robert said it reminds him of a smoking jacket. I see his point. He's all done apart from having his ears sewn on, so at the moment he sits there listening to silence. He's a long time in creation as I've been sourcing the right materials for a garland around his neck. He's forest inspired, so I've got ivy leaves and I'm waiting for some great acorns to be delivered which I have just purchased from ebay. Rather than sit and twiddle my fingers I'll make a start on another bear.


Alfie news!


Alfie had his second check up on his ear at the vets yesterday evening. The drain wasn't really working well enough, so it was took out (this is where I let Robert hold him and I stood behind him until it was done!). We now have to keep the two holes open with bathing, so it continues to drain. Anyone feeling lightheaded yet? I shall have to give it a go on my own as its a long while until Robert gets home each day. I don't mind the bathing bit, its the holding him at the same time! Anyway, I'm off to give it a go. Wish me luck.

5 comments:

LuLu said...

Hi! I just discovered your blog and bears. There wonderful!!! I laughed a bit when you mentioned how you worry when the bears are traveling because I feel the same way about my bears! They really do become a bit alive for us don't they!
Hope Alfie is improving. The poor boy looks quite fed up with the whole situation!
Hugs,
Louisa

Sarah said...

Thanks for stopping by!

Yes and I feel guilty about putting them in a box to be bumped about!

Alfie is fed up bless him, but at least he's not got the drain stuck in his ear now.

Hugs, Sarah x

All Bear by Paula said...

Gorgeous bear Sarah! So pretty!

Babs (Beetle) said...

Oh poor Alfie - and poor you having to do things that he finds unpleasant, even though it's for his good.

Sindie and I used to make puppets and I hated putting them in boxes and trusting the post would look after them. You do kind of look on them as if alive :O)

Bumpkin Hill said...

awwww poor Alfie - I know how hard and nerve wracking it is dealing with the cat on your own. I had to do this when one my cats got an ear infection and doing that gooey mix into his ear was somewhat interesting! I hope he gets better soon. Hugz, Catherine x