Saturday 26 February 2011

Tiddly Widdly



Just had to share this. Discovered this egg amongst our other girls eggs, when doing the usual daily egg collecting. 'Yes, pretty enough egg' I hear you proclaim, 'but why the importance?'. Well this egg is photographed sat in a teaspoon! It's either what's called a *ahem* 'wind' egg, or it's our Izzy's first attempt (she should lay dark brown eggs) or it's Tippi's, who hasn't laid since the dinosaurs roamed the earth.

It was yolkless, which doesn't solve the mystery. I've kept the shell. Can't manage to part with it just yet.

I'm still tweaking my website and will be glad when it's done and uploaded.

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend.

Hugs, Sarah x

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

Oh Sarah, that's such a dainty wee egg!

My uncle and aunt sent over one a little like that a couple of weeks ago - but not quite so tiny. I got terribly excited, made a big fuss and made tiny toast etc... but like yours it didn't have a yolk (which was a shame as that's the bit I like - the white I tolerate)

Your 'hasn't laid since the dinosaurs' made me laugh.

It's amazing. Every egg is amazing really when you stop to think about it.

How I wish we lived in a different world. These little feathery miracle-workers should be revered and looked after, not cooped up in factories.

Charlotte
x

Sarah said...

Well Charlotte, the shell is still on the kitchen window sill! Still can't bring myself to throw it away!

I still get excited about the eggs, especially when we get a lovely colour or unusual shape.

Chickens are terrible time wasters in the nicest sense. I find myself 'zoned out' watching them, then realize I should be going inside and doing something!

Oh and Tippi still isn't laying :)

Hugs, Sarah x