Saturday 6 December 2008

Chilly Chooks


This is a rather belated 'Snow Post'! Those of you in the UK will know that the snow has been and gone! It has been rather icy this week though. Eeek! I think I practically broke all the bones in Robert's hand on our walk into work. Although I wear flat boots, I might as well have had a sheet of glass for soles. If I'd tried running, I'd have gone nowhere and would have just been spinning legs on the spot.

I' d have liked to have seen what the chickens thought to the snow, when their eyes first alighted on it. As I am nowhere near being a morning person, it's usually (ok, it's always) Robert who lets them out into their run.

Do you see the feet marks going around the run? Thats our resident racing pigeon. I think he thinks he's a chicken now. They'll be clucking and he'll be cooing. Bless him. Really must ring the man who lives nearby, as it's most likely one of his.

Anyway, must go. Housework to do (yawn). Plus.........there's a bear in creation!!!

Yes, I heard the thud as you hit the floor........

Hugs, Sarah x

4 comments:

Babs (Beetle) said...

Oooh, it's been a tad chilly eh? I just pictured your legs spinning like a cartoon character ha ha!

Bumpkin Hill said...

I just love your chickies :) They look so funny in the photo all lined up! You can imagine the conversations the pigeon has with them! Glad you didn't go spinning into the air on the ice - good job hubby was there by your side. Can't wait to see your bear :) Hugs, Catherine x

Bumpkin Hill said...

I meant to also say how much I like your christmas blog, love the background :) Catherine x

Sarah said...

Babs, at times grip was a problem!!

Catherine, you would love to see the chooks this morning, all lined up on the nest box, basking in the winter sunshine!

Hugs, Sarah x